Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Romain Bertucelli <rb...@fr.st> on 2001/04/19 16:08:33 UTC

Properties + jdbc

Hi all,

I'm begining working with Tomcat and servlets and I've heard that jdbc
parameters (jdbc url, login, passwd) should be set in a .properties file.

My question :  How do I get these parameters in my DataBaseAccess Class (I
mean, with which method) ?

Thanks in advance,

Romain.

Re: Properties + jdbc

Posted by Ivan <iv...@abac.com>.
You can create context parameters in the web.xml file as such:

<context-param>
    <param-name>LOGIN_NAME</param-name>
    <param-value>sa</param-value>
</context-param>

and then access them in code like this:

ServletContext ctx = getServletContext();
String loginname = ctx.GetInitParameter(LOGIN_NAME);

Hope this helps

Ivan