Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Christopher M. Logan" <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/14 23:38:37 UTC

Remote repository

In jackrabbit 1.6 and with moving to  2.0 in mind, what is the recommended approach to connecting to a remote repository that will preserve full functionality?
-Christopher
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Re: where does jackrabbit store it's data?

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> are there any recommendations on how to store the data?
> If yes, why? What are the advantages of having a almost 100% database storage?
> What are the advantages of storing anything into filesystem or why does it make sense to mix it?

See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore#File_Data_Store "It is
usually faster than the DbDataStore, and the preferred choice unless
you have strict operational reasons to put everything into a database.
"

Regards,
Thomas

AW: where does jackrabbit store it's data?

Posted by GUNACKER Simon <sg...@EUROFUNK.COM>.
Thank you Thomas,

are there any recommendations on how to store the data?
If yes, why? What are the advantages of having a almost 100% database storage?
What are the advantages of storing anything into filesystem or why does it make sense to mix it?

Regards, simon

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Posted by GUNACKER Simon <sg...@EUROFUNK.COM>.
hello Bertrand,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

(optionally) http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

Posted by GUNACKER Simon <sg...@EUROFUNK.COM>.
hello there,

I'm new to jackrabbit and it's philosophy.
I have installed it, I populated it with some data but there is one
point I am missing:
Where does jackrabbit actually store it's data?
Is it 100% database or partly filesystem / what's the difference to
using a 100% database solution?
Please give me an idea on what this is all about.

thanks,
Simon

Re: Remote repository

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Christopher M. Logan
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been seeing other messages on the mailing list talking about the
> spi2jcr for remote access.  Was the spi meant for this usage?  Is there
> anything available that shows remote access using the spi?
> Should WebDAV be used over the spi?

SPI is a necessary part of the WebDAV remoting process, someone
correct me if I'm wrong.  Here's the WebDAV JCR remoting architecture
as I understand it.

REPOSITORY SERVER:
The repository server side, as I call it, will use a servlet to expose
the repository for WebDAV remoting with a servlet,
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JcrRemotingServlet.  This servlet can be
found in the jackrabbit-webapp maven module's WAR artifact.  Run this
in a servlet container, etc.

CLIENT SIDE:

The client application connects with a stack of two components.
jcr2spi + spi2davex.  Assembling this stack, in 2.0 at least, is
handled by using the appropriate factory to create your repository
object.

RE: Remote repository

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,