Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Mark Aufdencamp <ma...@aufdencamp.com> on 2007/09/05 06:51:59 UTC

Geronimo 2 and JVM - Ubuntu

Hi All,

I've been blessed by my network administrator with a new P4 Ubuntu
workstation of sufficient size and power to give Geronimo 2 and Eclipse
3.3 a whirl.  I've noticed some issues arising over the usage of a Jave
6 rather than a Java 5 environment.  I've also been following the
Harmony project.

I'm wondering if anyone is utilizing the Harmony Ubuntu JVM/JRE/JDK for
Eclipse and Geronimo development?

Any recommendations on setting up Java, Eclipse, or Geronimo on Ubuntu
are welcome.

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com

Re: Geronimo 2 and JVM - Ubuntu

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
Another thing you can do is to put a executable file caled setenv.sh in
<gernonimohome>/bin containing something like this.
--------------setenv.sh in g bin---------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms128M
-Xmx512M -server"
It will be read at startup with ./startup.sh

regards
   Peter Petersson

Re: Geronimo 2 and JVM - Ubuntu

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.