Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Herman Chen <hc...@intumit.com> on 2002/11/23 04:48:42 UTC

Question on having IndexReader and IndexWriter simultaneously

Hi,

According to my experimentation, I am unable to create an IndexWriter
while any IndexReader/Searcher is open on the same index.  Since I have
all search threads share one IndexReader, each time I need to create an
IndexWriter I have to wait until all searches are done so that I can close the
IndexReader.  Only then I am able to create an IndexWriter.  Does this
concurrency problem really exist?  Because one problem I have now is
starvation of modification threads.  Thanks.

--
Herman

Re: Question on having IndexReader and IndexWriter simultaneously

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Sounds like problem outside Lucene.
Can you create a self-contained class that demonstrates the problem?
If you cannot it probably is not a problem.

Otis