Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hanen Ben Rhouma <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/06 11:26:29 UTC

Why optionscollection doesn't persist the clicked value

Hello,

I don't understand why optionscollection doesn't persist the clicked value.

I'm using many of them: second one is filled after selecting one parameter
from the first one and so on but the thing is that after each selection it
reloads the jsp page without persisting the first clicked value in the drop
down list.

Do someone know the reason or even a tricky workaround ?

Thanks in advance

RE: Why optionscollection doesn't persist the clicked value

Posted by "Kawczynski, David" <da...@merck.com>.
The collection used in an optionscollection object
doesn't keep track of which option was selected; that
is done via <html:select> and whatever action-form
property that <html:select> is bound to.  The <html:select>
object will take care of re-rendering the selected object
if your action-form is maintained in session scope, and
your action-form has a property to store the first <select>
element's value, and you use <html:select> to render the
first <select> element, and you have the <select> element's
onchange attribute submit the form
 (EG onchange="document.getElementById('formId').submit();")

HTH,
-dave

Posted by Hanen Ben Rhouma <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kawczynski, David" <da...@merck.com>.