Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thibault Roche <th...@planisware.com> on 2016/01/22 15:21:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.4.18 on Windows - Expression in AuthName not working

Hey guys,

I am trying to use an expression in the AuthName directive. The doc
states that it should be working with version > 2.4.13 :
[https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/en/mod/mod_authn_core.html#authname]
 From 2.4.13, expression syntax can be used inside the directive to
produce the name dynamically.

But I can not make it work. I have this in my configuration :
<Directory "C:/Users/troche/Documents/opx2/perso/">
	Options Indexes
	IndexOptions FancyIndexing foldersfirst -IconsAreLinks
	AuthType Basic
	AuthName "%{HTTP_HOST}"
	AuthUserFile "C:\Dev\Apache24\conf\passwords"
	Require valid-user
</Directory>

And the authentication popup just says "%{HTTP_HOST}".
I also tried to remove the "" around %{HTTP_HOST} but I have the same
result.

Any idea what I am doing wrong ? Is it a bug ? Has anyone been able to
make it work ?

Thibault Roche

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.18 on Windows - Expression in AuthName not working

Posted by Thibault Roche <th...@planisware.com>.
Thanks for the quick answer. I'll wait for the feature to be backported to the 2.4 branch then !

--
Thibault
Envoyé de Archibald l'iPald

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spangler <pa...@ni.com>.
On 1/22/2016 8:21 AM, Thibault Roche wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am trying to use an expression in the AuthName directive. The doc
> states that it should be working with version > 2.4.13 :
> [https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/en/mod/mod_authn_core.html#authname]
>  From 2.4.13, expression syntax can be used inside the directive to
> produce the name dynamically.

That link to the docs is for the version in trunk (2.5). It would appear
that the change to AuthName to support expressions hasn't been
backported to the 2.4.x branch and so only exists in trunk.

Take a look at the 2.4 docs and the comment about expressions isn't there:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_authn_core.html#authname

Paul Spangler