Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/01 00:25:23 UTC

Re: Question sent to ASF legal around using the old OOo documentation

In the thread titled "CC License on Externally-Produced Documentation"
(started on Jan 22), DaveB pointed out:

"There is nothing to discuss by the PMC or anyone else about having the
documentation on an ASF-owned repository. This has been happening since
AOO first came into existence see:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT
All of those are under GNU General Public License
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html), version 3 or later, or the
Creative Commons Attribution License
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/), version 3.0 or later,
being served from Registrant Organization: The Apache Software Foundation."

That is an excellent point. Let's just move forward with requesting a
repository for documentation.

Francis

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 1/31/2021 7:25 PM, F Campos Costero wrote:
> In the thread titled "CC License on Externally-Produced Documentation"
> (started on Jan 22), DaveB pointed out:
>
> "There is nothing to discuss by the PMC or anyone else about having the
> documentation on an ASF-owned repository. This has been happening since
> AOO first came into existence see:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT
> All of those are under GNU General Public License
> (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html), version 3 or later, or the
> Creative Commons Attribution License
> (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/), version 3.0 or later,
> being served from Registrant Organization: The Apache Software Foundation."
>

> That is an excellent point. Let's just move forward with requesting a
> repository for documentation.
>
> Francis

I just received some answers from my reopening of the Legal Jira and
based on those we are good to go.I will look into the best way to get
that repository created tomorrow morning.

Regards
Keith