Posted to general@gump.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/02 01:00:56 UTC

Suppressing maven download statistics with -B flag?

Gump logs are filled with messy Maven2 download stats:

4/173K
8/173K
12/173K

etc.

It looks like the -B parameter suppresses these - any chance it could
be added to the M2 command-line?

S///

Re: Suppressing maven download statistics with -B flag?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2008/5/3 Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>:
> On Fri, 2 May 2008, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > 2008/5/2 Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>:
>  >> On Fri, 2 May 2008, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  > It looks like the -B parameter suppresses these - any chance it
>  >>  > could be added to the M2 command-line?
>  >>
>  >>  should be easy to do once svn is writable again, I was getting
>  >>  annoyed by them as well, but not enough to bother looking up a way
>  >>  to supress them.  Will "batch mode" change anything else?
>  >>
>  >
>  > Well it seemed to work for me in a very simple local test.
>
>  It is in now and we should see the effect on the next run on Helios,
>  if everything looks OK I'll merge it over to the live branch which is
>  used on vmgump.

OK thanks.

>  > The -B flag just means batch (non-interactive) mode, so it _ought_
>  > to be suitable for Gump.
>
>  I didn't perform any research beyond what mvn --help says and I really
>  don't have any idea what the switch is going to do.

Same here .

> The web-site doesn't say a word about it.  Let's hope it is exactly what we need 8-)

I'll probably raise a docn. bug report.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2 May 2008, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/5/2 Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>:
>> On Fri, 2 May 2008, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  > It looks like the -B parameter suppresses these - any chance it
>>  > could be added to the M2 command-line?
>>
>>  should be easy to do once svn is writable again, I was getting
>>  annoyed by them as well, but not enough to bother looking up a way
>>  to supress them.  Will "batch mode" change anything else?
>>

> Well it seemed to work for me in a very simple local test.

It is in now and we should see the effect on the next run on Helios,
if everything looks OK I'll merge it over to the live branch which is
used on vmgump.

> The -B flag just means batch (non-interactive) mode, so it _ought_
> to be suitable for Gump.

I didn't perform any research beyond what mvn --help says and I really
don't have any idea what the switch is going to do.  The web-site

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2008/5/2 Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>:
> On Fri, 2 May 2008, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > It looks like the -B parameter suppresses these - any chance it
>  > could be added to the M2 command-line?
>
>  should be easy to do once svn is writable again, I was getting annoyed
>  by them as well, but not enough to bother looking up a way to supress
>  them.  Will "batch mode" change anything else?

Well it seemed to work for me in a very simple local test.

The -B flag just means batch (non-interactive) mode, so it _ought_ to
be suitable for Gump.

BTW, I tried the property:

maven.download.meter and set it to bootstrap and silent

It did not seem to work for me with M2; perhaps that is an M1 thing

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.