Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Don Isenor <Do...@ePocket.com> on 2003/08/14 16:57:10 UTC

JMSAppender initialization

(I'm a new subscriber, not sure if this request was posted on the first
attempt...)

I'm having no luck deploying a JMSAppender class (based on Jamie Tsao's
code) under JBoss (3.0.7 and 3.2.1)... JBoss initializes log4j before it
sets up the JMS queues, so my appender throws an exception trying to
initialize. There appears to be no way to defer the initialization until
such time as the queue is available, and no way to retry the
initialization. Calling the initialize (the activateOptions() method)
from my servlet has no effect - I suspect a classloader problem here,
i.e., my servlet and log4j are not using the same classloader. Doing all
the work (creating the appender, configuring it, and attaching it to the
root logger) in the servlet rather than via log4j.xml similarly has no
effect -- the appender's append() method is never called.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Don Isenor
ePocket Inc.
Don.Isenor@ePocket.com