Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/05/03 16:13:05 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Enable GitHub pull request notification (Was: Re: GitHub pull requests (Was: Re: Github integration))

Okay, I believe consensus was established.

You can track this request here:

Chip, I've been privy to lots of conversations about this issue you bring
up. Across quite a few foundation lists, it seems that the general feeling
is that it should be clear to most people that the canonical repository is
the one hosted at the ASF. Of course, if that isn't the case, and we run
into problems, then we should re-evaluate our GitHub integration.

--
NS

Re: [DISCUSS] Enable GitHub pull request notification (Was: Re: GitHub pull requests (Was: Re: Github integration))

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 03:13:05PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> Okay, I believe consensus was established.
>
> You can track this request here:

> Chip, I've been privy to lots of conversations about this issue you bring
> up. Across quite a few foundation lists, it seems that the general feeling
> is that it should be clear to most people that the canonical repository is
> the one hosted at the ASF. Of course, if that isn't the case, and we run
> into problems, then we should re-evaluate our GitHub integration.

Well, we've run into this in our project.  It's really only an issue
when the replication sync breaks (or is broken like it is now).  I guess
we can live with it and handle issues as they come up.

-chip