Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by sumit gupta <su...@apache.org> on 2016/11/02 03:10:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Knox 0.10.0

A candidate for the Apache Knox 0.10.0 (RC1) release is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/knox/knox-0.10.0/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/knox.git
Branch v0.10.0 (git checkout -b v{gateway-version})

The KEYS file for signature validation is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/knox/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Knox 0.10.0.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Apache Knox PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Knox 0.10.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 0.10.0

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I tried it many times with the same issue. I check central maven repository  for "hadoop-common-test". Looks like the only available version is 0.22. Not 0.23.Then I found the jar here. I manually downloaded and install in my local maven. It worked!
Thanks for your help.--Mohammad

    On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:22 PM, Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

 Hey Mohammad,

Thanks for helping with the release. The instructions for building are
here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KNOX/Build+Process

I essentially do ³ant release² or ³mvn -Prelease clean install² to get all
the tests to run and packaging to work. The other option is Œant package¹
or ³mvn -Ppackage clean install², which excludes some of the tests that
take longer to run.

The error you are getting with ³mvn clean package² seems to be related to
a glitch with downloading a dependency from the main maven repo. I have
not seen this myself when I tried, but I likely have that dependency
already in my local maven repo. Please try again and see if you are able
to get the dependency in another attempt.

Sumit.

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Hey Mohammad,

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Sumit for the initiative.
I checked out v0.10.0 and ran "mvn clean package". I got the following error for module "gateway-test-release ". Do I need to do anything? In another related note, what is the full "mvn" command to create a distro in either tar or zip format. I didn't find it in dev documents.

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process (default) on project gateway-test-release: Failed to resolve dependencies for one or more projects in the reactor. Reason: Missing:[ERROR] ----------[ERROR] 1) org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common-test:jar:0.23.0-SNAPSHOT[ERROR] [ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.[ERROR] [ERROR] Then, install it using the command:[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.hadoop -DartifactId=hadoop-common-test -Dversion=0.23.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file[ERROR] [ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:[ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.hadoop -DartifactId=hadoop-common-test -Dversion=0.23.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id][ERROR] [ERROR] Path to dependency:[ERROR] 1) org.apache.knox:gateway-test-release:pom:0.10.0[ERROR] 2) org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common-test:jar:0.23.0-SNAPSHOT[ERROR] [ERROR] ----------[ERROR] 1 required artifact is missing.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1, checked signatures, did a build, ran rat.

Alan.

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Adding Alan Gates....

Posted by Pierre Regazzoni <pr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

* tested SQOOP WebHCat and WebHDFS via DSL

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Nice job with this, Sumit.

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
All -

I'd like to point out that there has been a change to the ClientShell
aspect of Knox which affects the running of the samples.
The samples are a large part of our release process for many of us and we
need to be able to run them out of the box for this testing.

Docs will include comprehensive instructions for various ways to configure
the truststore for the ClientShell but until we release the docs aren't
published. So, let's just use the following to get the samples running:

1. We need a truststore for samples/testing let's export the
gateway-identity cert from gateway.jks into a separate jks
2. 'knoxcli.sh export-cert --type JKS'
3. copy the resulting keystore file to your home directory:
'cp /Users/larry/knox-0.10.0/bin/../data/security/keystores/gateway-client-trust.jks
~'

That should provide you with a truststore that will be discovered by the
ClientShell classes and provide you with a secure session with the Knox
server.

I will file a JIRA for 0.11.0 to make this even easier for samples and like
I said - it will be documented comprehensively in the 0.10.0 users guide.

thanks,

--larry

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for the verification Mohammad and certainly feel free to file a
JIRA for tracking purposes.

Thanks again!
Sumit

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Sandeep for the testing and verification!

Posted by Sandeep More <mo...@gmail.com>.
Great ! thanks Sumit.