Posted to announce@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <da...@apache.org> on 2008/01/02 20:56:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3 released

Starting the new year with a bang the Wicket Team has released Apache
Wicket 1.3. With this release comes a lot of great successes, but most
of all the team wanted to express their wishes to everyone for a happy
new year.

You can download Apache Wicket 1.3 here:

    http://wicket.apache.org/getting-wicket.html

Apache Wicket is one of the fastest growing Java open source component
based web frameworks. With a focus on producing valid html and a
logical separation between design and code.  Within minutes you can
start to enjoy throwing out tag soup, complex components and high
maintenance overhead for a simple POJO + html data model.

See the Apache Wicket website for more information:

    http://wicket.apache.org

Take a look at some of the following highlights or skip to the bottom
and get started now.

 * last JDK-1.4 release (next release will be Java 5 based)
 * first Apache release: renamed packages to org.apache.wicket
 * simplified several core APIs
 * now works with zero-config behind a proxy server using relative URLs
 * added Google Guice support
 * use your Wicket pages directly in a portal without changing a line
of code (JSR-168/JSR-286 support)
 * switched logging API from commons-logging to slf4j
 * integrate velocity templates as panels in your pages
 * YUI-calendar and Joda time based date picker (wicket-datetime)
 * contribute new javascript dependencies to the page header using an
Ajax requeset
 * improved, more robust header contributions
 * scale to extremely large numbers of users with stateless pages and components
 * improved AjaxTree/AjaxTreeTable
 * hybrid URL encoding to make search engines and your users happy
 * create form panels and use them anywhere without worrying about the
nesting of form tags
 * minimized session use by storing component hierarchy in file system
(DiskPageStore)

Get started today by downloading Wicket using this link:

    http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0

The distribution contains all the Wicket libraries, and all the source
code including the examples project. In the root of the download you
will find a README document with full instructions.

Migrate your Wicket 1.2 application to Wicket 1.3 using our migration guide:

    http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-12.html

Best wishes from the Wicket Team and a prosperous 2008!

 - The Wicket Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3 released

Posted by JulianS <js...@yahoo.com>.
Congratulations to the Wicket team for an outstanding job! We have just
released our first product based on Wicket 1.2.6 and we are hard at work on
the next version, based on 1.3.

Julian

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3 released

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
Congrats ;-)  Best christmas/new years gift ever ;-)
Returning home tomorrow from holidays so will give this final release a
bash, slap, and tickle :)  Then bitch and moan till work adopts it :)

Posted by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Congratulations !

I put a word about it there
http://blog.developpez.com/index.php?blog=136&title=wicket_1_3_est_arrive
, I hope it'll help !

Cheers !

ZedroS

Re: Fresher 1.3 snapshots? (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3 released)

Posted by Martijn Lindhout <ml...@jointeffort.nl>.
ok, you're right

2008/1/16, Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Martijn Lindhout wrote:
> > you could do a
> >
> > svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk
> >
> > and
> >
> > mvn install
>
> Thanks, surely so, but I wouldn't want to do this all the
> time neither on my own nor the continuous integration
> machine :) It's a lot nicer to just build with Maven or
> buildr every now and then and get the fresh snapshots
> automatically.
>
> Best wishes,
> Timo
>
> --
> Timo Rantalaiho
> Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Martijn Lindhout
JointEffort IT Services
http://www.jointeffort.nl
mlindhout@jointeffort.nl
+31 (0)6 18 47 25 29

Re: Fresher 1.3 snapshots? (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3 released)

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.

Posted by Martijn Lindhout <ml...@jointeffort.nl>.
you could do a

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk

and

mvn install

2008/1/16, Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>:

> Hello,
>
> Are there any news on the snapshot situation? The version number
> 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT keeps confusing some people, and it also strikes me as odd
> that here
>
>    http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/
>
> the latest snapshot is almost a week old (Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:55:45 GMT)
> even though commits keep coming in.
>
> Best wishes,
> Timo

Martijn Lindhout
JointEffort IT Services
http://www.jointeffort.nl
mlindhout@jointeffort.nl
+31 (0)6 18 47 25 29

Fresher 1.3 snapshots? (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3 released)

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
That is why I don't like the 1.3.0 number. 1.3-SNAPSHOT is definetly
preferable to remove this confusion.

Martijn

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
and another one:

http://www.jaxmag.com/itr/news/psecom,id,39414,nodeid,146.html

  Gerolf

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
And thanks team and community. I feel that Apache Wicket is a text
book example of a successful open source project: a diverse and
enthusiastic team who don't feel above the rest of the community, and
a user base with plenty of people helping out with the lists, issues,
WIKI, etc. Thanks all!

Eelco

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3 released

Posted by Alexei Sokolov <al...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations on this release. 1.4 in february?
Alex