Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/20 05:00:24 UTC

Helper for folks interested in verifying nifi-nar-maven-plugin 1.1.0

The following guidance should help anyone interested in
validating/verifying the release so they can provide their vote.

# Download latest KEYS file so i get all the public keys.
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/nifi/KEYS

# Import keys file:
gpg --import KEYS

# Pull down nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0 items for review:
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1059/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.1.0/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1059/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.1.0/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip.asc
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1059/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.1.0/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip.md5
wget
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1059/org/apache/nifi/nifi-nar-maven-plugin/1.1.0/nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip.sha1

# Verify the signature
gpg --verify nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip.asc
nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip

# Verify the hashes (md5 and sha1) match the source and what was provided
in the vote email thread
md5sum nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip
sha1sum nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip

# Unzip nifi-nar-maven-plugin-1.1.0-source-release.zip

# Verify the build works.  Did this by running the following which includes
the RAT/license/header checks and checkstyle consistency checks
mvn clean install -Pcontrib-check

# Verify the contents contain a good readme LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER

# Verify the git commit ID is correct

# To test in NiFi...

# Ensure Maven version is at least 3.1.0.

# Update the version of the nifi-nar-maven-plugin in the NiFi root pom.
Rebuild NiFi.
mvn clean install

# Navigate to a NAR artifact that has a NAR dependency (like the standard
bundle nar) to run the provided-nar-dependencies mojo. Mode specifies
whether the output is 'tree' or 'pom' format.
cd nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-standard-bundle/nifi-standard-nar
mvn org.apache.nifi:nifi-nar-maven-plugin:1.1.0:provided-nar-dependencies
-Dmode=tree

# The command should output the dependencies that will be provided at
NiFi's runtime through the NAR dependency.

# Send a response to the vote thread indicating a +1, 0, -1 based on
your findings.  Also indicate whether the vote is binding or not.

Re: Helper for folks interested in verifying nifi-nar-maven-plugin 1.1.0

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ah, great catch! I totally borrowed that from a previous release. Thanks!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
Matt,