Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Steve Hodson <st...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2005/06/01 14:18:02 UTC

blank page using myfaces-examples.war

All,

I know what you're thinking, 'haven't you read
common-el.jar and jsp-2.0.jar (or jsp-api.jar) from
the common/lib in tomcat but that doesn't help me.

Scenario:
I have RedHat 9.0 running Tomcat 5.5.9, using Firefox
1.0.3 , java 1.5 and nothing in my classpath (I try to
use ant for everything).  The source of the blank page
is
Having looked in the common/lib in tomcat and removing
commons-el.jar and jsp-api.jar I get a servlet error.

Trying another machine WindowsXP sp2 running
tomcat/firefox as above and using java 1.4 still get a
blank page. Removing the jars as before I still get
the servlet error.

Going back to the RedHat machine and using a clean
install of Tomcat 4.1.31 (no jars to be removed here
as they don;t exist in common/lib).  Still get blank
page (same html source).

On the redhat machine I am the owner of the tomcat
session and directory as is the war file.

Tomcat logs are no use whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong???

RE: blank page using myfaces-examples.war

Posted by Balaji Saranathan <ba...@wipro.com>.
Well,

I did get blank pages on the TOmcat5.5 initially. Followed Sean's
suggestions of removing the jsp jars from the war file, and it works !

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.