Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dick Hoffman <ol...@ix.netcom.com> on 2013/11/21 00:07:04 UTC

Problem with a docx file

When I try to open the attached file using AOO 4.0.1 on my Windows
XP-SP3 system I get the following from AOO:

    Open Office Document Recovery
Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice crashed. All the files you were
working on will now be saved. The next time OpenOffice is launched, your
files will be recovered automatically.
The following files will be recovered:
(blank - no files are listed)

When I click on "OK" AOO opens again but takes no action regarding the
file in question. A ".~lock" file is left in my Temp directory. When I
upload the .docx file to the free file conversion site,
http://www.zamzar.com/, and have it convert the file to .doc, AOO has no
problem opening the resulting doc file. The original file may have been
created on a Mac system, for what that is worth.
Dick Hoffman