Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Mark A. Craig" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/16 08:50:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Syntactic consistency? Pfft! {directory and deny directives}

Joshua:

Consistency be damned!  As one example of how unproductive that consistency is,
I'm now forced to replace just that ONE ".svservers.com" partial hostname denial
with ELEVEN - and probably counting - separate IP address denials!  These are
all addresses used by one person or perhaps a small intimate group.  Now
extrapolate that burden to all the other partial IP addresses that I similarly
want to deny.

Isn't that a wonderful extra burden to place on my server just for the sake of
algorithmic and syntactic consistency between two directives?  If I had access
and motivation, I'd start an argument about it with the developer of that bit of
code.

Mark