Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Minkoo Seo <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/05 21:14:01 UTC

Workflow of Lenya

Hello.

I am Minkoo Seo, and I would like to participate
''lenya-workflow-query" for Google Code 2005. Currently, I am studying
the workflow in Lenya for the preparation step.

I could not find much documentation in 'Lenya' regarding workflow. The
only one which describes the purpose of workflow in Lenya says that "Workflow
events such as publishing or deactivating a page can be scheduled." But
that might not be the ultimate goal, I think.

To make things worse, demo site (http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8888/) is not
available. So, I'm installing Lenya in my own linux box, but it takes time.

Could anyone define the role of workflow in Lenya? If that were done, then
I could delve into the functions that must be supported by lenya-search.

--
Minkoo Seo
M.S. candidate in Computer Science

Re: Workflow of Lenya

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Minkoo Seo wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am Minkoo Seo, and I would like to participate
> ''lenya-workflow-query" for Google Code 2005. Currently, I am studying
> the workflow in Lenya for the preparation step.

you should take a look at the svn sources from lenya trunk

> I could not find much documentation in 'Lenya' regarding workflow. The
> only one which describes the purpose of workflow in Lenya says that "Workflow
> events such as publishing or deactivating a page can be scheduled." But
> that might not be the ultimate goal, I think.

workflow is used to model the state of a document, and allow various
worfklow steps to happen on it depending on user permissions and current
state.

> To make things worse, demo site (http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8888/) is not
> available. So, I'm installing Lenya in my own linux box, but it takes time.

that demo is based on 1.2, while you are strongly advised to build trunk
locally so that you can take a look under the covers