Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Harsha JSN <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/24 05:21:41 UTC

Using n-grams vs AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory for suggestions in solr

Hi,
   I have some doubts regarding usage of AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory as
 lookup implementation for suggestions.

1.) AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory constructs n-grams for the suggestion field
while building suggestions index. If the main index which is used for
search is already having n-grams for this field, is it still preferred to
choose  AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory or can we directly build suggestions
from the main index?

2.) Also, AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory returns duplicate records if the
suggestion field has same value in multiple documents. Instead if i search
suggestions from main index (n-grams) i can eliminate the duplicates by
grouping the results. But grouping can be a complex operation.Can you guide
the correct approach here?

3.) Choosing FuzzyLookupFactory looks beneficial, but we have to filter the
results over user context and also we need to provide infix search
capabilities for suggestions which we can't.

Can some one please help on this? Thanks in advance.

Harsha.

Re: Using n-grams vs AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory for suggestions in solr

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.
Hi Harsha,
my blog can help :

http://alexbenedetti.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/solr-you-complete-me.html

Take a look to the related section.

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

Re: Using n-grams vs AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory for suggestions in solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.