Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Wyn Ackroyd <wy...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/26 00:10:50 UTC

JaxMe Downloads

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to the cvs repository so I can download the source and
have a look at the JavaSource.getComment() method.

I have downloaded wincvs. I cannot connect to the cvs server either from
wincvs or the command-line. I am running windows XP.

Here is the output from the DOS command.

C:\Documents and Settings\Wyn>cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401:/home/cvspublic
CVS password: *******
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org:2401 failed: No connection
could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The only difference I can see between what I have and the instructions on
the webiste are that a port number is added. i.e. it says: Logging in to :
pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401:/home/cvspublic

It has added the port number 2401. Is this why the connection is being
refused? It looks like this cvs has all the apache source on it, so I can't
imagine that the server is down. I guess I must be getting to the server
because of the error I get i.e. "target machine actively refused it", so I
don't think I have firewall issues. Unless the target machine is my machine?
I'm using ZoneAlarm as my firewall.

The password I'm using is the same as the userid anoncvs.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Wyn

Re: JaxMe Downloads

Posted by David Holroyd <da...@badgers-in-foil.co.uk>.
On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 12:10:50PM +1300, Wyn Ackroyd wrote:
> I have downloaded wincvs. I cannot connect to the cvs server either from
> wincvs or the command-line. I am running windows XP.

JaxMe JS appears to be in Subversion,

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/jaxme/trunk/ws-jaxme/jaxme-js/

ta,
dave