Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gilmar J. Alves de Souza Jr." <gi...@tau.com.br> on 2002/07/26 15:42:09 UTC

SSL+Tiles

Hi all,

        Is it possible to use Ditlinger's SSL  switching extension with
Tiles without having to rewrite SecureActionServlet to extend
ActionComponentServlet using Struts plug-in mechanism ?
        I've found a posting related to this issue
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg05052.html
and I'd like to know if anyone has succeed.

thanks,
--
============================
Gilmar J. Alves de Souza Jr.

RE: SSL+Tiles

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
If you want, I'd be happy to put it up on the struts-atlanta site.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

Re: SSL+Tiles

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.

Re: SSL+Tiles

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
I'm not finding it :-/

You should be able to take the principals Ditlinger gives and transfer
those concepts to 1.1 idealogies.  In other words, you probably want to
extend RequestProcessor instead of ActionServlet.  I would think, with
the advent of servlet specification 2.3, you may also find a more
"container-centric" solution using a filter mechanism.

Enjoy,

Eddie

(Sorry, I honestly thought that article was out there.  Obviously I'm
either wrong or incompetent when it comes to doing my own STFW!)

Re: SSL+Tiles

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Have you tried to STFW?  I know it's out there.  You're right though -
that one covers 1.0

Re: SSL+Tiles

Posted by "Gilmar J. Alves de Souza Jr." <gi...@tau.com.br>.

Re: SSL+Tiles