Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Michiel De Backker <ma...@backkem.me> on 2020/11/14 14:41:25 UTC

[Flight] TiDB Flight connector

Hi all,

We're exploring adding an Arrow Flight connector to TiDB at
pingcap/tidb#21056 <https://github.com/pingcap/tidb/issues/21056>. The idea
is that it may live alongside the existing MYSQL connector. It's quite
early but I already wanted to reach out.
One point I'd like some clarification on: Since TiDB is a SQL database, I'm
wondering if there are already standards for sending queries over the
Flight protocol?

With kind regards,
Backkem

Re: [Flight] TiDB Flight connector

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
Also, please provide comments.  Real implementations of the proposal would
be useful to validate the design.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.