Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/27 04:07:40 UTC

[DISCUSS)] Pull-to-refresh on mobile lists

I would like to see this feature added to our existing Flex mobile list
component.  In this thread, I am hoping to:

a. Gauge the level of community interest
b. Get some technical direction as to how to go about it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Om

Re: [DISCUSS)] Pull-to-refresh on mobile lists

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
I would agree that this should be added to the list, would you create a new
component or extend the current list?

Re: [DISCUSS)] Pull-to-refresh on mobile lists

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I’m pretty sure “rubber band” scrolling is already being handled. Right?

If so, the same way to bounce back is being handled when scrolling past the end, a refresh could be called as well.

FWIW, I have a handler which loads more results when scrolling to the bottom of a (normal) list like this:

			private function handleScroll():void
			{
				if(_currentContainer && _currentContainer.children){
					var totalCells:int = _currentContainer.children.length;
					var totalRows:Number = totalCells/thumbnailLayout.columnCount;
					var pos:Number = imageGrid.scroller.verticalScrollBar.value;
					_lastScrollValue = pos;
					var max:Number = imageGrid.scroller.verticalScrollBar.maximum;
					var step:Number = max / totalRows;

					if(pos > max - (step*2)){
						_currentContainer.getMoreResults();
					}
				}
			}

It’s obviously not very generalized, but the approach might be useful…

(_lastScrollValue is used to restore the scroll position when the data is updated.)

Re: [DISCUSS)] Pull-to-refresh on mobile lists

Posted by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com>.
Good idea, that would be great.
And how about adding descent drag and drop behaviour? I'm seeing a screen full of image thumbs which can be rearranged by dragging.

Dany