Posted to user@pig.apache.org by foolworld <ba...@163.com> on 2016/04/21 14:02:18 UTC

Where does PigStorage stringfy every Tuple?

Dear Pig Developers:
    I'm new to Pig and want to write a storer for my own use. I would like to know if there's already been a function in `PigStorage` that is capable of turning Tuples into Strings. Where's the function? Can I invoke and use it?
    Also I would like to know is there a way to store Tuple directly, without turning them into strings?

Thx

Trams

--

Trams Wang(Ruoyu Wang)
Basics Lab, School of Software

Re: Where does PigStorage stringfy every Tuple?

Posted by Arvind S <ar...@gmail.com>.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25367695/how-to-covert-tuple-to-string-in-pig

might help you.

also check the piggy bank functions/ documentation.

*Cheers !!*
Arvind