Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Evgeny Bogdanov <ev...@epfl.ch> on 2013/01/10 10:23:37 UTC

Future of Shindig/OpenSocial

Hello all,

On 25th of October I got the following answer from Ryan:

We agreed at the SoTU that we were going to hold off any major spec
development until we can get our act together from a public facing
perspective.  Given that we are not there yet I don't think we will be
working on 3.0 for a few months.

Could somebody please provide details on the current state for OpenSocial
and the roadmap for Shindig?

Best
Evgeny

Re: [osgs] Re: Future of Shindig/OpenSocial

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Monday, January 14, 2013, Ryan Baxter wrote:

> Matt good to hear about OS 2.5.1.  In general though we need to keep these
> requests and updates and sneak peeks of things on the dev lists so the rest
> of the community can see and be informed abou them.  We should all try to
> be better about this...

+1

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Matthew Marum <mg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [snip] I've just been asked to start a 2.5.1 version of the OpenSocial
> spec, so I think it is fair to say that we won't be doing any new work on
> OpenSocial 3.0 items at least until 2.5.1 is done and the new website is
> published [snip]

:-(

- James

Re: Future of Shindig/OpenSocial

Posted by Matthew Marum <mg...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I know that there has been work on a new website for OpenSocial but
I've only seen peeks of it so far.

I've just been asked to start a 2.5.1 version of the OpenSocial spec, so I
think it is fair to say that we won't be doing any new work on OpenSocial
3.0 items at least until 2.5.1 is done and the new website is published.
 Most of the OpenSocial officers are busy working those items right now.

Matt Marum

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.