Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2007/11/03 17:41:02 UTC

Re: VOTE: Release 4.0RC9 as Apache Roller 4.0

Dowloaded and verified sigs on RC9.  All OK this time.

Tried a fresh install on MySQL 5 (5.0.45), Ubuntu 7.10.  Went smoothly.

I'm seeing one issue that I didn't notice before but I haven't looked
into the cause.  It doesn't seem to have any visible effect but I
suspect the popular tags frontpage display is not working as a result.

ERROR 2007-11-03 08:32:46,806 SiteModel:getPopularTags - ERROR: fetching
site tags list
<0.9.7-incubating nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: java.lang.String
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:805)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:766)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:762)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingQuery.execute(DelegatingQuery.java:517)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:230)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:269)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAWeblogManagerImpl.getPopularTags(JPAWeblogManagerImpl.java:1274)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.SiteModel.getPopularTags(SiteModel.java:564)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:295)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:245)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:203)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:419)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTExpression.value(ASTExpression.java:73)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render(ASTSetDirective.java:125)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:318)
        at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:254)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.velocity.VelocityRenderer.render(VelocityRenderer.java:145)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.servlets.PageServlet.doGet(PageServlet.java:442)

Anyone else seeing this?

--a.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/07, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:
> Dowloaded and verified sigs on RC9.  All OK this time.
> Tried a fresh install on MySQL 5 (5.0.45), Ubuntu 7.10.  Went smoothly.
> I'm seeing one issue that I didn't notice before but I haven't looked
> into the cause.  It doesn't seem to have any visible effect but I
> suspect the popular tags frontpage display is not working as a result.
> ERROR 2007-11-03 08:32:46,806 SiteModel:getPopularTags - ERROR: fetching
> site tags list
> <0.9.7-incubating nonfatal user error>
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: java.lang.String
>         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:805)
>         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:766)
>         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:762)
>org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAWeblogManagerImpl.getPopularTags(JPAWeblogManagerImpl.java:1274)

I can't duplicate this one on Tomcat 5.5.17, MySQL 5.0.22 and JDK1.5.
The site-wide tag cloud works fine for me. I wonder about
"ArgumentException: java.lang.String" because none of the arguments
are supposed to be strings and none of the arguments we pass in are
strings.

- Dave