Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/24 16:01:21 UTC

Apache Ignite 3 / RPM

Hi, Igniters.

Sincerely asking you to help me with testing new RPM package for apache ignite 3.x [1]
Currently what is needed to be tested — successful installation and binary run under most of RHEL based distributions: Red Hat, CentOS, Oracle Linux, Fedora, etc.

Any other thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome too.
RPM assembly code can be found here [2]

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/13021121/apache-ignite-3.0.0-1.noarch.rpm
[2] https://github.com/apache/ignite-3/pull/29/files

Re: Apache Ignite 3 / RPM

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, no.

However, I think I'll update the package to better resemble with current binary archive prepared for alpha2 and update release task.
Due to Bintray closure, I think we can deliver packages as standalone RPM with install instructions.

I will update release build anyway, but community will decide whether to release package or not.
Nightly builds will be available for enthusiasts with all deliveries possible.

Re: Apache Ignite 3 / RPM

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!