Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/12 20:47:39 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Cayenne - December 2016

Apache Cayenne is a Java database persistence framework. It takes a
distinct approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime,
remote persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

There were no releases on the stable (3.1) or alpha (4.0) branches this
past reporting period, however there has been significant activity
resolving issues in preparation for a 4.0.M4 release, which is currently
being evaluated and voted upon.

## Health report:

Cayenne is still under active development and has a stable user and
developer community.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 8 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.
- Last PMC addition was Savva Kolbachev on Tue Apr 12 2016.
- PMC members decided it would be good to rotate the PMC Chair
  from time-to-time and voted to change PMC Chair from Andrus
  Adamchik to Michael Gentry (vote closed Mon Oct 17 2016).

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 20 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months.
- Last committer addition was Savva Kolbachev at Mon Jan 19 2015.

We'd also like to note that Nikita Timofeev and Ruslan Ibragimov,
while not direct Cayenne committers, have been making many needed
and welcomed improvements to Cayenne recently and we appreciate
their contributions to the project.

## Releases:

- Last release was 4.0.M3 on Thu Feb 11 2016.

We hope to have 4.0.M4 released this month.

## Mailing list activity:

- dev@cayenne.apache.org:
  - 125 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months).
  - 85 emails sent to list (43 in previous quarter).

- user@cayenne.apache.org:
  - 248 subscribers (up 2 in the last 3 months).
  - 94 emails sent to list (177 in previous quarter).

## JIRA activity:

- 51 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months.
- 33 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months.