Posted to dev@warble.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2018/06/25 03:29:56 UTC

Basic scaffolding for a master server

Hi folks,
I've started sketching out a basic Warble Master, which is essentially
just an OpenAPI wrapper for now, where we can add various pages (API
endpoints). The wrapper takes care of API specifications, API
documentation (which is embedded into each endpoint), validation,
session+db stuff and so on. It also supports an API key auth, wherein an
agent/node can use the API via a previously agreed upon API key (sent in
the APIKey: header in the HTTP request).

The only page that's working so far is the /api/session page, which can
log you in...nothing else works :).

There is also a setup script for getting started. In the spirit of
turnkey, all you have to do to get Warble running is run the setup
script once, turn on the WSGI app server, and it'll work. It's using
sqlite for the time being, and I think it's safe to start building on
that for now, and expand to ES/etc as needed.

I'll get started on some docs and tests tomorrow, but if folks could try
checking out the repo (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-warble-server ) and seeing if they
can get it up and running, that'd be swell.

I'll also be setting up a test instance so we can try having a
continually running instance and test server/client stuff once we get
that working.

With regards,
Daniel.