Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by chris09 <ca...@us.saic.com> on 2009/06/09 21:12:57 UTC

Hello World portlet

I am trying to create a Hello World portlet in Pluto before I go on to more
advanced portlets. I have looked at the tutorial from
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/09/14/what-is-a-portlet.html?page=4
onjava.com  and looked at a previous post on
http://www.nabble.com/%22hello-world%22-in-pluto--td491285.html#a491285
nabble  on uploading the .war file to Pluto, and other tutorials (including
from  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-pluto/ ibm.com ) that
I have found on the internet, but still have trouble.

I have downloaded and installed the pluto-current-bundle (version 2.0) from
the  http://portals.apache.org/pluto/download.html download site . The
directory structure for HelloWorld is typical for web applications. My
HelloWorld class is located in WEB-INF/classes. I have the web.xml and
portlet.xml properly done and located in WEB-INF. I do not know what else is
necessary to complete the portlet.

All the tutorials I have found are for Pluto 1.0 and have completed the same
steps in Pluto 2.0.

Can somebody please let me know what else I need to do to get a simple Hello
World portlet working?

Thanks.