Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/24 19:44:05 UTC

Is there a way to specify the ios device to run?

If I have two iOS devices plug to USB.

How can I select which one I want to deploy the App?

cordova run ios --target doesn't work

Is this a bug, a limitation on ios-deploy, by design, etc..?

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Is there a way to specify the ios device to run?

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shaz, what I suspected but was not sure how to pass the id to
ios-deploy

I also found another problems related running cordova emulate --list, it
shows duplicates when Xcode is configured with multiple versions of iOS
versions 7.1, 8.3
User can't tell what id to use for cordova emulate --target

I open two Jira Issues
CB-8906 - cordova run ios --target doesn't work
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8906>
CB-8907 - cordova ios emulate --list it shows duplicates when ios
simulators are present for 7.x adn 8.x
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8907>
$ cordova emulate --list
Running command:
/Users/csantana23/foo/cordova/App0424/platforms/ios/cordova/run --emulator
--list
Available iOS Virtual Devices:
iPhone-4s
iPhone-5