Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Richard Wareing <wa...@rewc.com> on 2005/09/28 19:12:43 UTC

WSHandlerConstants.SIG_USERNAME?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it might make sense to add a "SIG_USERNAME" feature
allowing the message signing to key off of an alias that isn't
necessarily the same value as the WSHandlerConstants.USER value.  This
way users would be free to name the alias of the signature key-pair
anything they want.  This would add a little more clarity to the key
store files as currently when people look in a key store file they might
not realize that the key-pair called the "acmeuser" is used for signing
(contrasting that to naming the key-pair alias something like
"acme-sig-key").

Am I making any sense? Or is there a good reason for why the alias for
the signing key-pair must be the same as the WSHandlerConstants.USER?

Regards,

Richard Wareing
Reimer Technology Group

---