Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Davidian <kr...@syrres.com> on 2006/03/22 15:22:46 UTC

Controlling contents of the localhost..log file

I've posed this question recently, but I am going to try to phrase it better,
as I think last time it may have been poorly worded...

My web application logs information to the localhost.<date>.log file.  The
information that is being logged is doing so correctly.  However, here is my
problem:

In between every line of logging, an additional line is ADDED, which looks
like the following:

Mar 22, 2006 4:05:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

Again, a line like this appears every other line in the localhost.<date>.log
file.  The lines that I want logged already include the date, so these lines
are uneeded, and clutter up the log file quite a bit.

My question: how do I get rid of these lines?  I have already written my own
java.util.logging.Formatter subclass, but this doesn't work.  It appears
that the formatter does not insert these lines.  My Formatter only affected
the lines that my webapp is logging, not the lines in question.

Does someone know how to stop these extra lines from being logged?

Thank you very much.