Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2010/07/30 01:01:07 UTC

Releasing the release plugin

Several folks seem interested in a small handful of release plugin issues, so I hoped to work on them next week and push towards getting another release out. Are there any issues that folks here would like to work on and see included that aren't already?

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Releasing the release plugin

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Yes this is annoying because not having interactive mode for PGP requires  either to put the password in our settings (without encryption) or to have to use an agent (not always easy to setup for a wide team)

Arnaud

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
A lot of people seem to have the gpg plugin hang during release
perform. It's never happened to me so I haven't dug into the root

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
I have 2 annoying issues with 2.0 version of the release plugin :
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-263 : Annoying to use GPG signature. The easier solution for now is to store the password in our settings and this one isn't encrypted.
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-536 : The release plugin doesn't work on Windows. There is a patch but I didn't review it.

Arnaud Héritier
Software Factory Manager
http://www.exoplatform.com

Phone : +33 (0)6 89 74 64 24
Skype : aheritier
Twitter : @aheritier
Blog : http://aheritier.net

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
yup.
I have this fix locally I will commit it.

2010/7/30 Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>:
> Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> That's one on the list - it's already committed on trunk, and Olivier has
>> volunteered to help get the SCM release out :)
>
> It seems r952813 should be reverted for the SCM 1.4 release. The updated
> plexus plugin generates non-empty role hints for the components which causes
> test failures over in maven-release due to clashes with components that
> don't have role hints. Trying to add role hints over in maven-release runs
> into a bug in the old plexus container where singleton components with role
> hints get recreated upon lookup.
>

> Benjamin

Olivier
http://twitter.com/olamy
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/olamy
http://www.viadeo.com/fr/profile/olivier.lamy7

Re: Releasing the release plugin

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

On 30/07/2010, at 7:39 AM, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> While not release plugin specific, there's a few Maven SCM issues which
> effect the release process when using git.
>
> One of the mains ones being http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-444 - which
> provides functionality to disable a git push during release:prepare.
>
> If we're doing a release of the release plugin, it would be great to get
> these SCM related releases done at the same time.
>
> --
> Pull me down under...
>

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Several folks seem interested in a small handful of release plugin issues,
>> so I hoped to work on them next week and push towards getting another
>> release out. Are there any issues that folks here would like to work on and
>> see included that aren't already?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brett

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Re: Releasing the release plugin

Posted by Evgeny Mandrikov <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release Maven SCM too
See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-497 and
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-562

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> wrote:
> While not release plugin specific, there's a few Maven SCM issues which
> effect the release process when using git.
>
> One of the mains ones being http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-444 - which
> provides functionality to disable a git push during release:prepare.
>
> If we're doing a release of the release plugin, it would be great to get
> these SCM related releases done at the same time.
>
> --
> Pull me down under...
>

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Several folks seem interested in a small handful of release plugin issues,
>> so I hoped to work on them next week and push towards getting another
>> release out. Are there any issues that folks here would like to work on and
>> see included that aren't already?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brett

Best regards,
http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: Releasing the release plugin

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Posted by Markku Saarela <ma...@iki.fi>.
  MRELEASE-128 SCM element properties replacement has been there for
long time. That would be nice to be fixed.

Rgds,

Markku