Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anson Zeall <ze...@bigpond.net.au> on 2003/09/09 12:06:43 UTC

Another question - validating user input in fields

Hi,

    I have another question for you guys. Say, a user types an input into
the form, but with my checkings, I made that kind of input, say "$%#RG",
invalid. But I would like to write a line at the side of the form saying
"input must be from A-Z or a-z". I think in asp, its called text validators
or something. How do you do that in JSP?

From,

Anson

Re: Another question - validating user input in fields

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
Well, if you use Struts, you can use the Validator framework. Everything is
almost automatic, with no coding required.

Marco

Posted by Christopher Williams <cc...@ntlworld.com>.
You'll have to handle it yourself.  You could do it server-side or
client-side with Javascript and DHTML.