Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan Cuprak <50...@corpmail.kodak.com> on 2002/09/27 20:53:04 UTC

Internationalization Broken on Struts 1.1b2?

With respect to Struts 1.1b2, is internationalization broken? I can't
get struts to send back anything but English (default)- I have
resources for both French and German and have configured a OS install
on other machines for both of these languages. When I hit the login
page, display language is German but the German resource/properties
file is never used. I can only get Struts to return the default
language. Am I correct and a bug report should be filed?

-Ryan Cuprak

html:options

Posted by Doug Dates <hi...@yahoo.ca>.
I want to display a dropdown list. The list items are "By First Name", "By
Last Name", "By Date". I think I can do it by the following way:

Is there any disadvantages to use above approach compared with using
individual <html:option...>,as following:

labelProperty="label"/>

where should I set myArrayList? in init method of my servlet class, or in my
action form bean, or somewhere else? I am not quite understand it. Could
some one please help me?

Thank you

Doug

Re: Internationalization Broken on Struts 1.1b2?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Ryan Cuprak wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:54:26 -0400
> From: Ryan Cuprak <50...@corpmail.kodak.com>
> Subject: Re: Internationalization Broken on Struts 1.1b2?
>
> Okay, I figured it out, one has to add the following to their jsp page:
>
> Why would I have to do this?

If you were flowing all requests through the controller servlet, you
wouldn't have to do this (assuming you have accepted the default
<Controller> setting for the "locale" attribute).  It sounds like you've
got users who are accessing the JSP page's URL directly, which therefore
bypasses the Struts controller.

> -Thanks,
>    Ryan Cuprak

Craig

Re: Internationalization Broken on Struts 1.1b2?

Posted by Ryan Cuprak <50...@corpmail.kodak.com>.

Posted by Charles McClain <CM...@ATTBI.Com>.
Ryan:

No, I don't think internationalization is broken -- I've tested it in my
app under 1.12b.  Do you have a tag like.....

.....in your JSP?