Posted to dev@griffin.apache.org by Dmitry Ershov <de...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/19 16:45:27 UTC

ElasticSearchSink modification question

Hi all,

We are considering to use Griffin in our project and facing with a problem,
how to retrieve measure results for specific measure in ElasticSearch.
Actually ElasticSearchSink does not save the information about yarn
applicationId. We propose to add this applicationId into measure results.
The part of response will be looking like that:
"_source": {
                    "name": "de_demo_results_comparision",
                    "tmst": 1548937782703,
                    "value": {
                        "total": 74,
                        "miss": 74,
                        "matched": 0,
                        "matchedFraction": 0
                    },
                    "applicationId": "application_1548923518014_0001"
                }

After that we can find a specific measure information basing on this Id. In
this way we could include our griffin jobs in various ETL processes.

What does community think about such kind of improvement?

Thanks in advance!

RE: ElasticSearchSink modification question

Posted by "Lionel, Liu" <bh...@163.com>.
Yes, that’s a good feature.
I think you can add it in all the sink types.

Thanks
Lionel, Liu

Looks like it also allows to implement API to retrieve metric values for
particular job instance (by correlating results using this id).

Posted by Nick Sokolov <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sounds interesting!