Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/08/23 10:10:14 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] incubator_corinthia_release_0.1

Hi

I am pleased to announce that we can continue with our release. It has been
a long
journey so far and the next step is to have IPMC vote for the release.

The vote passed with:
8 +1 (include 1 Mentor vote)
0 +0 (Dennis gave this in the PRE-VOTE, but wrote "I do not give permission
for this to be applied automatically to a genuine [VOTE]" so it is not
counted.
0 -1

4 PPMC abstained from voting (will be discussed later on private).

Daniel Gruno and Myself have binding IPMC votes, which I will transfer.

rgds
jan i.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] incubator_corinthia_release_0.1

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 23 August 2015 at 12:05, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> jan i wrote:
>
>> 4 PPMC abstained from voting (will be discussed later on private).
>>

> I'm sorry I didn't complete my analysis in time. All checks I did were OK,
> so I'm stating now my
> +0 abstain
> (which would be a +1 if I had had time to go through all checks!). I would
> never give a +1 without having completed a proper review.
>
> I had delayed my vote until today since deadline to me is "the last day
> when someone can vote" (the accident of writing "Monday 23 August" made it
> even less clear), so I assumed I could cast my +0 (or hopefully +1 if I had
> finished all checks!) today end of the day.

Well i did also write that I would start the IPMC vote 23th august.

> I'm very pleased with the results anyway. Do not modify the tally based on
> the above, I am simply justifying why I was waiting until today.

which correspond with what I thought and is no big problem.

rgds
jan i.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian C <ia...@amham.net>.
On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 1:12 AM, Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 23 Aug 2015, at 11:51 pm, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Abstentions are not to be discussed.  Abstentions are abstentions.  And why discuss them in private?  The [VOTE] was done here.  There is no private@ business called for.  The only ballot that requires an explanation is a -1.
>
> I was going to keep the discussion to private@, but since you prefer to have it in public, I’ll continue it here.
>
> We, as a team of individuals voluntarily coming together to work on a project, can decide what we want to discuss. Anyone can raise a topic on a mailing list. Whether or not you believe a topic is appropriate is not the determining factor of whether it should be discussed; others may consider it important.
>
> While votes may not be officially required from all PPMC members, I believe that anyone who genuinely cares about a project and (barring absence or illness) is able to vote on such an important matter as a first release should do so - particularly when they have raised issues during the pre-vote period. I assumed given your interest in the points you raised in pre-vote, that you had enough interest in the outcome to make an actual vote.
>
>> Furthermore, I take personal exception to my abstention in the [PRE-VOTE] being carried forward, effectively, against my wishes, and reported anyhow when it is not applicable to this [VOTE].   That is unacceptable.  Please do not do that again.
>
> Jan very explicitly stated that your abstention (which you made on the public list) was *not* being carried forward, along with an explanation of the reason for this. Given that Jan had mentioned in the announcement that any votes expressed in the pre-vote period would be carried forward unless otherwise stated, I think this explanation was warranted.
>
> Again this is another really pointless procedural issue, which I’m sick of discussing.
>
> I’ve spent the whole weekend working on an implementation Hindley-Milner type inference algorithm to assist with the static verification of transformations between different documents. Every time I come onto the list I hope to see something about development and all I find is more arguing about procedures. I think this is actively harmful to the project and we should be focusing on getting stuff done, not wasting our time on trivia.

Hear! Hear!  ...

> —
> Dr Peter M. Kelly
> pmkelly@apache.org

Cheers,

Ian C

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] incubator_corinthia_release_0.1

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Sunday, August 23, 2015, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org>
wrote:

> Abstentions are not to be discussed.  Abstentions are abstentions.  And
> why discuss them in private?  The [VOTE] was done here.  There is no
> private@ business called for.  The only ballot that requires an
> explanation is a -1.

 Private is used when people are involved, you know very well that there is
a discussion about a person ongoing, which should not be done in public.

> Furthermore, I take personal exception to my abstention in the [PRE-VOTE]
> being carried forward, effectively, against my wishes, and reported anyhow
> when it is not applicable to this [VOTE].   That is unacceptable.  Please
> do not do that again.

> I did NOT carry your vote forward, please look I did not write 1 0. I
quoted a public email, which I think is legal, to explain why I did not
carry it forward.

Quoting public email is something we all do from time to time, it is pure
nonsence to ask me
not to do that. I even took care to copy/paste your exact wording.

rgds
jan i.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.