Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Flick, Tim" <tf...@cincom.com> on 2003/05/22 18:30:38 UTC

AXIS use of HTTP 1.0 and Keep-Alive

Hi,
I am new to axis and trying to use the axis client side engine to initiate a
web service 'session'.
I've used axis for a couple of days, but still can't figure out how to do
certain things, can someone tell me if AXIS supports what I'm trying to do?

When calling a web service with only a simple type (as a message, not an
RPC), I would like to establish a session with the server.  To that end,
HTTP 1.1 supports persistent connections be default but it appears that AXIS
is using HTTP 1.0.  Does AXIS have HTTP 1.1 support?  If so, how do I
activate it?  If not, how can I influence the HTTP header to pass the
Keep-Alive token when using HTTP 1.0?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Tim