Posted to builds@apache.org by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> on 2022/03/23 16:53:39 UTC

[osuosl-openpower] Hypervisor reboots on NVMe hypervisors

All,

For the few of you using the new hypervisors which use local NVMe storage,
we will be doing some system reboots later today between 2-3pm PDT
(2100-2200 UTC). This is to get these systems on newer kernels and
troubleshoot some CPU issues. I expect the downtime per hypervisor should
be no more than 10 minutes each.

Since the VMs on these nodes are using local storage, they will be shut
down during the upgrade process as we cannot use live migration.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director

Re: [osuosl-openpower] Hypervisor reboots on NVMe hypervisors

Posted by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org>.
Two VMs did not come back online that I just fixed. Please let me know if
there are any other issues.

Thanks-

Posted by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org>.