Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jfb <j....@verizon.net> on 2013/11/27 20:08:44 UTC

IE 9 issue

Hi All,
My app load with vertical and horizontal scrolls in IE 9.0.8. Looks fine in
firefox.
Here is my code:
index.cfm
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n3973/index.cfm>
It is the regular page created by flash builder but use coldfusion to load
the page as cfm.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Re: printing

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
Thanks, i will check it

Re: printing

Posted by stephane lajanie <st...@icloud.com>.
Hi,

i use Alive PDF and it’s work fine,
but i can’t open pdf file to print on iOS terminal.

if you have an idea ?

Steph.

Re: printing

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
Hi,

Re: printing

Posted by Javier Guerrero García <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's why I used the quotes :) As you said, the "print" media query
has been arround for a while, but finally in CSS3 some bright minds though
that you would surely need to define a "page" and margins (and headers,
footers, and so on) for real world printing :)

Have a look at http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/. I've tested with more or
less good results in IE8+, Chrome and Safari: the basics are covered in all
of them, advanced features vary of course, as always ;)

And for the job size, I'm affraid you'll just have to try, but if you''re
talking about a lot of numbers, I "believe" flex will just send the font to
the printer and then all the plain data, so there shouldn't be a problem
with the printing size. Again, just try, a quick and dirty implementation
in native flex wouldn't take you more than 10 lines of code :)

Cheers ;)

Re: printing

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
thanks, you are right

Re: printing

Posted by Javier Guerrero García <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: printing

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 11/29/2013 8:27 PM, Frank Dahmen wrote:
> what is the state of the art for printing (or pdf generating) in a Flex
> Application (web)?

for us, where all our flex apps have server backends, we use iText w/coldfusion
or java.

Re: printing

Posted by Thiago Maia <a0...@a00s.com>.
I'm using Flex+Java Applet+Javascript to can print directly on the
printer without the screen asking to print, and also be able to print on
Matrix Printers.

On 11/29/2013 5:27 AM, Frank Dahmen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the state of the art for printing (or pdf generating) in a
> Flex Application (web)?
>
> Thanks

---

printing

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
Hi,

Re: IE 9 issue

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
No idea.  Maybe some sort of DOCTYPE is required.

Re: IE 9 issue

Re: IE 9 issue

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I would dump out the resulting HTML.  IE 9 has a debugger mode that I
think shows you the DOM. You can compare to the working HTML version.

-Alex

Re: IE 9 issue

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
Alex,

Re: IE 9 issue

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
You might try tracing out the systemManager.stage.stageWidth & stageHeight
and the Application's width and height and see if it is the same where it
works and where it doesn't.

Re: IE 9 issue

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
Hi Alex

Re: IE 9 issue

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
What is the width/height settings on the Application tag?  If you set it
to particular numbers, differences in non-content area might make a
slightly smaller content area.

-Alex