Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Chen Wang <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 20:58:36 UTC

store a daily data into ten minute queue

Hi,
I have a user case:
 our data is time sensitive, and I need to store every 10 minutes data into
a separate queue(topic?) so that at the end of each 10 minute, multiple
consumers can start to process only that past 10 minutes queue.

I have a central webservice that is responsible for the
management(create,write,delete) of the 144 queues. Any event calling my
webservice with a timestamp, and the webservice will put this event into
the corresponding 10min queue.

Is it a good idea to set up 24 * 60 / 10 = 144 queues? Is this a common
user case? does activemq suit this requirement?

Thanks!
Chen