Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/03/25 04:34:03 UTC

2008-03-25 Woden Status Call Cancelled

I'm cancelling tomorrow's Woden status call as there aren't enough people
available for the call. We haven't had a call in a few weeks now. Please
update your status via the dev list.

We have one burning issue of which I'm aware. Axis2 is planning its 1.4
release. Woden should release M8 before Axis2 1.4 as Axis2 depends on
changes in Woden since the M7b release. I'll do my best to finish
migrating the validation assertions to the new framework this week. That
should make us functionally equivalent in the validation department but
with the new validation framework. We can cut the M8 release next week and
continue working after that. Any objections?

Lawrence

Re: 2008-03-25 Woden Status Call Cancelled

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Arthur,

Axis2 currently picks up Woden's nightly builds. We've been very good
about testing the Axis2 build before releasing breaking changes to the
Woden API. According to the builds nothing is currently broken.

Lawrence

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
03/25/2008 03:18 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
jpjhughes@gmail.com, woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: 2008-03-25 Woden Status Call Cancelled

Jeremy,

Are they picking up M7 or our latest dev builds? If they are just using
M7, we should try to build and test Axis2 with our M8 candidate. We
wouldn't want to break them.

Arthur Ryman, Technical Executive (IBM DE)
Project and Program Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063

"Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
03/25/2008 08:43 AM

Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: 2008-03-25 Woden Status Call Cancelled

Hi Arthur,

I believe the Axis2 build + unit testing should cover us for this. They're
running those tests pretty frequently at the moment as you can imagine.

Jeremy

On 25/03/2008, Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

Lawrence,

Can we do any testing with Axis2 to confirm that we haven't broken any
interfaces?

Arthur Ryman, Technical Executive (IBM DE)
Project and Program Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
03/24/2008 11:34 PM

Please respond to