Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com> on 2017/09/19 17:35:49 UTC

Removal of deprecated items from the Dispatch Router schema

A few entities and attributes were deprecated in the 0.6.0 version of Qpid
Dispatch Router. As we are coming up on a 1.0 release of the Router, we are
going to be entirely removing these deprecated items from the router
schema. Any Router code that helped support these deprecated items will
also be removed. All example configs will be modified to use non-deprecated
entities and attributes.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-824 outlines all the
deprecated items that are going to be removed in the 1.0 release.

Moving to the new 1.0 version of the router (which is not released yet)
will require you to replace the deprecated attributes/entities with the
newer attributes/entities in your router config file. For example, the
linkRoutePattern entity will be replaced by linkRoute entity. Please look
in DISPATCH-824 for what entities to replace your deprecated
entities/attributes with.

I am still working on DISPATCH-824 and it should land in master branch by
the end of this week. After this fix lands, the router will display an
error and fail to start if you are still using deprecated items.

Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks.