Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "praveen.sharma" <pr...@ll.mit.edu> on 2009/10/08 23:11:49 UTC

What is the best way to benchmark the performance of activemq?

What is the best way to benchmark the performance of activemq?

URL http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html
describing "Running Maven 2 Performance Test" doesn't seem to work for me.

Despite checking out the trunk, building the entire source code, I couldn't
find activemq-perf plugins.

Re: What is the best way to benchmark the performance of activemq?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the perf plugins are in activemq-tooling module:

cd activemq-tooling
mvn install

and the activemq-pref project is now in the sandbox:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/sandbox/activemq-perftest

so svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/sandbox activemq_sandbox
cd activemq_sandbox/activemq-perftest
and run the mvn test commands from there.

Some folks find the results hard to interpret but if you give it some
time it is a useful tool.

2009/10/8 praveen.sharma <pr...@ll.mit.edu>:

> What is the best way to benchmark the performance of activemq?
>
> URL http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html
> describing "Running Maven 2 Performance Test" doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> Despite checking out the trunk, building the entire source code, I couldn't
> find activemq-perf plugins.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: What is the best way to benchmark the performance of activemq?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Also, Andreas Gies <http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com/> has
released his performance testing
framework<http://jmstester.fusesource.org/index.html>under the Apache
2.0 license, you may find it useful. Have a peek at the
documentation to see if it meets your needs.
http://jmstester.fusesource.org/documentation/manual/overview.html

2009/10/8 praveen.sharma <pr...@ll.mit.edu>:

> What is the best way to benchmark the performance of activemq?
>
> URL
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html
> describing "Running Maven 2 Performance Test" doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> Despite checking out the trunk, building the entire source code, I
couldn't
> find activemq-perf plugins.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration