Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laurent Perez <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/10 16:42:08 UTC

JXTemplate and characters escaping

Hello

Is the JXTemplateGenerator auto-escaping required HTML chars when they
are extracted as bean properties ? I have a weird problem with the
following piece of jx code + xsl transformation (<xsl:value-of
select="/foo">) :

<foo>&#233;</foo> renders &#233;.
however,
<foo>#{bean.bar}</foo> renders &amp;#233; (bar being "&#233;" in my database)

The following being observed with a <map:serialize type="xml"/> right
after the jxtemplate generation, before the xslt transformation.

Is it possible to tell the jxtemplate not to escape these chars ?

Thanks

Laurent

Re: JXTemplate and characters escaping

Posted by Ellis Pritchard <el...@nukinetics.com>.
You could try wrapping the expression in a CDATA section; JXTemplate
interprets expressions inside the CDATA, but then passes the CDATA
itself through.

e.g.

<foo><![CDATA[#{bean.bar}]]></foo>

Should output as:

<foo><![CDATA[&#233;]]></foo>

The XSL can then select this out with <xsl:value-of select="foo"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>, or you may not have to worry about
that... have an experiment!

Ellis.