Posted to user@hive.apache.org by sh...@accenture.com on 2013/09/05 12:22:56 UTC

error executing the tutorial -> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveAws+HivingS3nRemotely

Hi,

I am executing the example, but got initial roadblock while trying out "Setting up tables (DDL Statements)" section.

When I executed the command "hive> create external table kv (key int, values string)  location 's3n://data.s3ndemo.hive/kv';"

I got the error

FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key must be specified as the username or password (respectively) of a s3n URL, or by setting the fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId or fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey properties (respectively).)
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
hive>

Please help.

Thanks,
Shouvanik

________________________________
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com

RE: error executing the tutorial -> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveAws+HivingS3nRemotely

Posted by sh...@accenture.com.
Once I have access keys & ID in hand, I will execute this step and let you know.

But, I suspect that the access secret key might have "/" in it. I came across this JIRA-> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3733 .

Do you know if there is a workaround other than regenerating secret key without a slash.

Thanks again for your reply.

Thanks,
Shouvanik

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.