Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Kevin Daly <ke...@meta.com> on 2016/01/18 17:42:49 UTC

Ignite Cache best practices

I am building an ORM/Graph Database on top of Ignite.. Just wanted to know if
it is best practice on machines to close a cache after using it. Is it safe
to keep a map of handles to a bunch of classes? Or should we close or bound
the Ignite Caches?

Re: Ignite Cache best practices

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevin,

I would say that it makes sense to call IgniteCache.close() only if you do
not intend to use this cache anymore on a particular client. If you're still
going to use it, it's absolutely fine to store the reference somewhere.

-Val