Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jean Georges Perrin <jg...@jgp.net> on 2017/04/03 13:34:56 UTC

Livy in Zeppelin - architecture and deployment

Hi,

Sorry if those are stupid questions, but could not find the answer.

1) Is Zeppelin exclusively using Livy to talk to Spark?

2) During the installation of Zeppelin, do you install/configure Livy?

I use Zeppelin v0.5/v0.6 only to talk to RDBMS so far: I am trying to connect the dots with Spark.

Thanks!

jg

Re: Livy in Zeppelin - architecture and deployment

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1) Yes, Z supports to communicate with Spark cluster through livy or
directly.
2) No, Z doesn't install anything related Livy.

0.7.1 looks better and there's no migration issue to use it from older
version. I strongly recommend to update it.

Regards,
Jongyoul

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈