Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Edwards, Jayme" <JC...@software.rockwell.com> on 2000/07/12 18:55:25 UTC

SAXParse error (cant find the file) when parsing stylesheets with cocoon

I updated a project that uses cocoon to use Xerces 1.1.2 and I get the following error
whenever I try to browse XML documents that have the <?xml-stylesheet and <?cocoon-process
tags (these used to perform the transformation without a problem). It almost looks like a pathing
problem in the source for Xerces???

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File "D:/projects/<directory-name-omitted>/index.xml" not found.
	at org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.fatalError(AbstractParser.java:105)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:998)
	at org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromDocument(DefaultEntityHandler.java:499)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parseSomeSetup(XMLParser.java:303)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:860)
	at org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser.parse(XercesParser.java:84)
	at org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.parse(AbstractParser.java:83)
	at org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromFile.getDocument(ProducerFromFile.java:78)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:289)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:368)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:356)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:719)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:665)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:194)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:403)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:484)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Note <directory-name-omitted> was added by me and not returned by cocoon.

Jayme

Re: SAXParse error (cant find the file) when parsing stylesheets withcocoon

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> "Edwards, Jayme" wrote:
> >
> > I updated a project that uses cocoon to use Xerces 1.1.2 and I get the following error
> > whenever I try to browse XML documents that have the <?xml-stylesheet and <?cocoon-process
> > tags (these used to perform the transformation without a problem). It almost looks like a pathing
> > problem in the source for Xerces???
> >
> > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File "D:/projects/<directory-name-omitted>/index.xml" not found.
> >
> > Note <directory-name-omitted> was added by me and not returned by cocoon.
> >
> > Jayme
>
> I get the same error!
> I thought it was my configuration.  Try down-grading to 1.1.1 and see if
> that changes anything.
>
> I get the same error regardless of Cocoon 1 or Cocoon 2.
>
> But all the configuration files load and parse OK.  Anyone know what's going on?

In Cocoon2, it appends
<!-- PATH_INFO="null" -->
to the file.  Is this related?  if the PATH_INFO is always null when it gets
to Xerces, of course we will have problems.

Re: SAXParse error (cant find the file) when parsing stylesheets withcocoon

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.