Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/15 02:10:14 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by SeanSmith

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SeanSmith:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

The comment on the change is:
Hadoop is the future of computing.

   * [http://www.ibm.com IBM]
    * [http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/22613.wss Blue Cloud Computing Clusters]
    * [http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/22414.wss University Initiative to Address Internet-Scale Computing Challenges]
+
+  * [http://www.hostinghabitat.com/ Hosting Habitat]
+   * We use a customised version of Hadoop and Nutch in a currently experimental 6 node/Dual Core cluster environment.
+   * What we crawl are our clients Websites and from the information we gather. We fingerprint old and non updated software packages in that shared hosting environment. We can then inform our clients that they have old and non updated software running after matching a signature to a Database. With that information we know which sites would require patching as a free and courtesy service to protect the majority of users. Without the technologies of Nutch and Hadoop this would be a far harder to accomplish task.

   * [http://www.iccs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/ ICCS]
    * We are using Hadoop and Nutch to crawl Blog posts and later process them.